After years of being in a relationship, romance can lose some of its spark as you get used to your partner and your established habits.
It's important to keep the romance rolling... Besides saying, “I love you” ♥♥♥♥♥ or using only words to express your love, use your imagination to let your partner know how much you truly care.
Try these ideas to refresh the love with your partner:
1. Plan a romantic, surprise date
2. Make them laugh
3. Take a walk together holding hands
4. Write a love song or poem
5. Snap a photo and send it to your partner
6. Light candles
7. Let them pick the movie
8. Bring home dinner so no one has to cook
9. Prepare a great breakfast on the weekend
10. Make a handmade gift for them, straight from the heart
11. Take a break together: add something fun to a chore-filled day
12. Send flowers
13. Offer to help them pack for a business trip
14. Give them a hug
15. Write a love letter
16. Bring home their favorite movie on DVD
17. Complete a project for them that they’ve been dreading
18. Cuddle up, let go of your worries, and just spend some time together
19. Surprise them with their favorite snack
20. When they’re extra busy, ask how you can help
21. Say you’ll run the errands today
22. Give them a day off from their normal house tasks
23. Suggest your partner spend a few hours with their friends
24. Bring home a copy of that new novel they want to read
25. Cook your loved one a special dinner
26. Get professional pictures taken together
27. Watch the sunrise together
28. Listen. Always have an open ear to your partner.
29. Send a quick text message to say “I’m thinking of you”
30. Go dancing
31. Surrender the remote
32. Hang out with mutual friends
33. Steal a kiss when they're not expecting it
34. Go swimming
35. Go shopping
36. Throw a party
37. Take a romantic trip
38. Forgive quickly and move on
39. Flirt like you did when you first met
40. Pick up their favorite coffee on your way home
41. Show your partner you trust them
42. Be a shoulder to cry on. Be there when they need you the most.
43. Give them their space to be alone or pursue independent hobbies
44. Watch the kids to give your partner time to relax
45. Ask what they would like to do this weekend
46. Cook some chicken soup when they’re sick
47. Accompany them to their doctor’s appointment
48. Give a sincere compliment
49. Go for a bike ride
50. Wash their car
So which one's are your favorites? Share your view in the comments.
Or do you know a couple which would benefit from the 50 sparkling ways? Sharing is caring!
Silke Glaab (aka SilkCelia) is a psychologist (MA) who helps executives, entrepreneurs and experts to be more resilient to stress and dramatically improve their thinking and feeling so that they enhance their performance and leave a legacy in their companies, their lives and the world.
Silk uses rapid transformation therapy to help clients to transform the roots of a presented issue within minutes while using neuroscience to boost brain power and emotional intelligence to create mindful behavior and decision making in all areas of life.
Silk holds a master degree in psychology and has worked for over 20 years as a trainer, consultant and counselor in divers industries in Germany, Kenya, and Dubai. She is personally trained by the celebrity hypnotherapist Marisa Peer and the neuroscientist Prof. Dr. Kennedy.